A greek mythology roleplaying game by post. There are many dieties/demigods/monster stories. Here you can play them out or create your own version of history.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Island Roulette : Eye Of The Beholder (Ares)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leovali Velmar

Drachma : 14

PostSubject: Island Roulette : Eye Of The Beholder (Ares)   Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:46 am

Leovali fell silent after speaking a lot. Well a lot for him. It was definitely more than he had ever said in any period of time. He could hear the god sighing after he answered him. Tell when the other seemed to hum out an agreement about their stilted conversation. They were two peas in a pod for different reasons. Ares didn't talk to mortals, even half mortals, very often. Leovali preferred to listen and not talk to others in general unless he could keep it brief and to the point. Leovali had a tendency to put foot to mouth or say something he didn't mean or have it come out wrong...his words...they were not his friend. They had never been his friend...which is why he preferred just to listen. Or have situations he could nod or shake his head.

That was neither here nor there. His thoughts were usually his only companion and he could tell that the war god was thinking. He had almost offended the god he had looked up to as a male role model by accident. Wasn't his fault though....and again it was a fine example of his words coming out differently than he meant them to. Or causing issues he wasn't trying to cause by not being exactly what he said. Thankfully...it seemed the war god decided it was either a small enough or true enough the war god said absolutely nothing about it. So his thoughts shifted away from what might have been or could have happened to eagerly and anxiously awaiting Ares response to him.

He waited to know if he should bow down on one knee and do the whole paying of homage thing or not. He wanted to spar with Ares. Not because he was crazy or had a death wish but because it would be fun. It would answer some questions. It would show him how far he still had to go with his lazy methods of training and meditating or not sleeping but entering deep states of trance to bypass Mr. D's constant waking of him. It would also be a memory he would cherish forever. A spar with the only figurative male role model he had growing up. A grin hitting his lips that lit up his entire face almost serenely occurred when he noticed the gods smile turning into devious smirk. The others eyes were lit up with dark humor. Oh he saw that even without opening his eyes. It was part of his gifts and why the other children of Hypnos cabin call him mini hypnos...which he wasn't too fond of to be honest.

He shook that off and grinned. Not minding in the slightest the other grabbed him. It would be far faster for the other to transport them elsewhere. Especially since he didn't have the faintest clue how he managed to go to sleep one place and end up somewhere completely different more times than not. There was a flash of light before he could smell the sea. See the sea so to speak,. Feel it in the air and hear it all around. He grinned as well and after catching the sword he laughed a bit before speaking. "If it is all the same with you Lord Ares...I would much rather use my own weapon...it was forged for me by my father after all. If I am to believe a note in the most sluggish looking handwriting." He said with an amused chuckle. Tossing the sword back to Ares after the other confirmed. He made quick work of revealing his weapon of choice and standing there ready. Revealing the object he carried to be more than a package.

Pulling the sheet covered object from his holster on his back. Ripping the bottom cloth away easily it revealed a long metallic pole weapon with a curved blade of swords at the bottom. That one was covered with a metal sheath that he had never taken off. He pulled the ropes off the weapon and the sheet was gone. He had revealed a double bladed long pole weapon much like a javelin within seconds of returning the sword to the war god. "This is quite the nice place you chose for the spar....I enjoy it...last time I was near water like this was back in Greece." He shifted into a battle ready stance. Spiraling the weapon he had revealed and moving it in a circle until it was before him. He held it with both hands before he grinned. Hearing the others tone caused an oddly eager and delighted tone to leave his lips. The laughter filled with his delight, thrill and excitement to be having a friendly spar with Ares. "I'll take that as verbal cue...that I strike first...as you wish Lord Ares." He stated.

He moved faster than most humans would have kept up with. Normally to them it was like they blinked and he was somewhere else. Most demi-gods too. However with the god he would likely catch it almost like speedy slow motion as he moved towards the god. The thrill and rush of adrenaline he felt right now had his lips stuck in a smile. His eyes never once opened. Appearing before and slightly angled above the war god....he swung out with a downwards circular arc with the revealed blade of the double bladed pole weapon. His form gliding into the motion in a way that even if he failed to hit Ares he could easily land and shift to deflect and or block or evade a counter strike.

Spoiler:

Drachma : 339

PostSubject: Re: Island Roulette : Eye Of The Beholder (Ares)   Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:03 pm

Letting the weapon tossed back to him vanish, Ares' curiosity was piqued for more than one reason. Ares was the god of warfare, naturally he'd be interested in weapons. The other was because it seemed everyone was trying to give their kids advantages. So, Hypnos was getting more involved with his children than he should have been. But then again, weren't they all guilty of that? He had after all given that electric spear to his daughter, and Athena had given her brat that invisibility cap. It wouldn't be that unusual if Hypnos decided to give his kid a weapon as well. He wondered what the brat did to earn it.

"We are in Greece, brat." A temple that had been ruined by time and weather. A temple that belonged to Ares' Uncle Poseidon. While Ares liked to flout the rules, he wasn't about to outright break them, as such, he would desecrate his uncle's temple rather than his father's.

Seeing the boy's weapon, Ares grinned and with a wave of his own sword which changed depending on his mood and what weapon he wanted, changed its form to become a guisarme.

Ares knew that demigods moved faster than humans, and had even fought with a few. Some like his half-brother Hercules ended up being blessed with godlike strength which was rare if any of the kids he'd seen over the eons were any proof. That one child of Hypnos hadn't had brute strength but was very quick. Wile it seemed that this current kid of Hypnos was quick, which Ares had already figured with the lean build, it wasn't nearly as fast as a full blooded Olympian. This was going to be fun! He returned the kid's smile with one of anticipation of his own as he watched the opening attack.

The blade of his guisarme connected with Leovali's lower blade and using only part of his strength, continued the motion to try and throw his opponent off balance. His next move would have been to bring it down as if he was going to cleave the brat in half.

Leovali Velmar

Drachma : 14

PostSubject: Re: Island Roulette : Eye Of The Beholder (Ares)   Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Leovali smirked as he heard they were in Greece. The other missed what he meant. Oh well...words didn't seem to be their forte anyways. Not  his. Not Ares. He didn't mind though...he spun th ewapon as soon as it was deflected off his lower blade. "That wasn't very nice...I didn't intend to unsheath the lower blade. You all but decimated my sheath with that blow though...you held back. Don't insult me." He said as he fliped out of the way and spun his weapon in such away it was forming a bladed shield. Pushing the backs of the blade flates so his spinning shield weapon slammed the metal parts into the others cleaving motion.

Shoved backwards by the intensity he skidded backwards four feet before he stopped. "My compliments.....your strength is downplayed in human lore...fore a sheath made of a material to withstand the gods to break. I'm more honored you gave me this fight than before Lord Ares" He said as he slipped into Ancient Greek and Modern Greek intermingled. He shoved out from under the others. Side stepping and moving into a fighters stance again. a trickle of blood escaped the top of his head. "Looks like you nicked me...even with my defense....this is exciting." He stated as he rushed at Ares again. Blood dripping from the flesh wound cut he had gotten on the side of his face.

Feinting to the left as he faked a spear like strike before spiral the front blade into a sideways sweeping strike. Striking out with a fierce blow. The look on his face one of pure excitement and even bloodlust. He was told he became dangerous when in this state. When he became a sleeping fighter....he became dangerous and almost beserker-like with deadliness. He had no idea if it was true. He was hoping Ares would tell him when he woke...if he was really anything like they told him when awake. It was like the shackles were off right now...he moved and if deflected he would roll into the failed strike. If blocked he would push into the others move.

PostSubject: Re: Island Roulette : Eye Of The Beholder (Ares)   

Back to top Go down

Island Roulette : Eye Of The Beholder (Ares)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1