A greek mythology roleplaying game by post. There are many dieties/demigods/monster stories. Here you can play them out or create your own version of history.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Eye of the Beholder

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ares

Drachma : 234

PostSubject: The Eye of the Beholder   Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:20 pm

Ares loved how mortals now had changed so much from their 'primitive' state. While it had been easy to get tempers to fly it was so much easier now than it had been. So many were crowded in this one city alone that practically hummed with malcontentment. Anger was always so close to bubbling up to the surface that any small thing would set a mortal off. It was magnificent and Ares loved it. Just for fun he'd sent out aggression to a man that was feeling irritated about getting ticketed for being just two minutes over the parking meter limit. Of course he didn't know that Ares had made the meter go faster and watched the argument between meter police and the man with amusement.

Today there was a field trip to the empire state building and while he listened to the teacher expound on how it fit into American History he gave a smile. The teacher had no idea. He laughed and strolled through the crowd but stopped when he noticed someone different. Arching a brow Ares gave them a challenging stare.

Drachma : 6

PostSubject: Re: The Eye of the Beholder   Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:00 pm

Leovali had found himself sleep walking again. He always left  barefoot and he always ended up with a wrapped weapon upon his back. This was no different than any other time. When he woke up, or rather, opened his eyes lethargically, he found himself being dragged along by some girls. He must have not sensed danger form them because he had willingly gone along. Looking around with sleepy eyes. Where was he? Hmmm? So many noises around him. He didn't recognize this place either. Must have never come this way before either. He didn't recognize the sounds, smells, or landmarks.

He yawned again and just followed the group of students. Not bothering to show interest. He looks completely meh about the situation about the entire thing. Smiling at the ladies but he clearly would rather be anywhere but here. He didn't like socializing very much. He was pretty antisocial. He only interacted when he had to. He enjoyed sleeping over doing work or working for Mr. D. He kept to the cabin for the children of Hypnos. Apparently there wasn't many of those. There were more of the hephaestues children than Hypnos. He never met one other than himself at least.

He felt the strange gaze of someone else. Slipping free of the girls with him and stretching in a sleepy lethargic way. He looked around for whoever was staring at him with such a strange gaze. Moving his eyes until his half asleep, lethargic gaze met with the most chilling and challenging stares. Pointing discretely to an area away from the rest of the group. Walking over there and sitting down in the shadows. Yawning sleepily and stared at the gaze from Ares. Waiting to see if he followed him to the silent and empty area where it would only be the two of them. Wondering what that challenging gaze was for.

PostSubject: Re: The Eye of the Beholder   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:43 am

Ares wondered what a child of Hypnos would be doing here. From what he had seen all the children of that particular deity seemed as if they were always a few seconds away from sleeping. Or they couldn't be bothered to actually move far away from their beds or anything that could remotely be comfortable to sleep on. A smile curved his lips as he imagined the boy falling asleep at the edge and toppling over. That would be amusing.

Walking over towards the youth, the god gazed at him then leaned casually on the rail. "What is a child of Hypnos doing here?" It was genuine curiosity. "Don't they usually stay at camp because it would be too much work to leave every year?"

PostSubject: Re: The Eye of the Beholder   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Leovali had no idea what the god might be thinking of right now. Nor whether the man there was really a god. Sure...he looked like Ares. His aura felt like Ares. Yet what was Ares doing in a place like this? It was unusual that Ares would be so obviously amongst humans. Rumors had him as the guy who hated humanity outside the occasional woman lover. Something like that. Yawning sleepily as he stretched out and sat on the bench. Waiting for the god to come over. He was bored and wondered what the man would want from him. He waited until the other came towards him and was leaning casually on the rail. Standing up and moving to the edge of the rails. "Hell if I know....I just woke up here. I do this now and then. Go to sleep somewhere and wake lethargically elsewhere. I do everything better in my sleep though." He said in a sleepy and easy going tone.

Speaking to the rail more than Ares. He wasn't good at talking but this was a comment line he could answer easily. "Must be a god....knowing that without asking." He let out a yawn and looked at him. "Too much work being around people. There is hardly others there but they always say the same thing..." he answered in a lazy tone. Head drooping some. "What was he like...Hypnos? Do you know?" He asked with a suddenly less slurred tone. His eyes were closed again. He had clearly fallen asleep yet interacted more like he was awake now than before.

PostSubject: Re: The Eye of the Beholder   Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am

Ares considered the kid's answer and then glanced at for a millisecond before looking back towards the New York skyline. He really did hate the pollution. While he hadn't minded smoke back when the Greek Gods were in the prime of their power, the smoke here was different. While back then it had been caused by fire or even oil, this smoke or smog, was nothing like those pleasing aromas. The smoke here stunk of chemicals and sulfur. You couldn't escape it. These mortals were so used to it that it had become a part of their genetic make up.

Even though the god had only glanced at the youth, he'd scrutinized him within that time. He'd almost laughed at the reply about doing things in his sleep. Ares had heard that of some of Hypnoses children. There had even been a semi infamous demigod of Hypnos that would fight while he was asleep. That was the only way the demi could fight.

"Naturally," Ares smirked at the demi getting that he was a god. "Hypnos, hmmmm."

What would the boy be interested in? While most gods could not interfere with their children's lives, they did occasionally try and provide them help. With each god it was different. Ares himself didn't involve himself with his children until they proved their mettle. Hypnos, Ares had no idea if he spoke with his children when they entered his realm.

"He owns half of every human life since they spend half their lives sleeping," Ares replied knowing that wasn't likely what the kid was after. He rarely helped unless there was something in it for him.

PostSubject: Re: The Eye of the Beholder   Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Leovali looked at the god standing beside him. He turned his gaze outwards again. His eyes were closed now as he was asleep but more aware than before. He didn't like the smells here. "I don't like it here. It smells so dirty." He said softly. He spoke his thoughts without thinking about how he could end up sounding to the god next to him. He didn't like how heavy the air was here. That was all. It was less clean than the camp or his grandparents land. This place smelled like sulfur and chemicals. The air was dirty and to those used to living in more rural areas it was filthy.

He waited silently though. For Ares to speak again. He wondered if the other knew anything about Hypnos. He leaned against the railing b ut a foot from Ares. He didn't say anything even after Ares smirked. "I wondered why you looked at me out of everyone here. It was strange...it was as if you looked right through all the pureblooded humans around me and right at me. I wondered what you wanted." He said with an amused smile on his lips. His easy going nature showing more. His eyes closed and looked at the other male. "That isn't what I meant and I think you know it." He said with a light smile.

Turning his gaze back out to the city. "Hypnos apparently has a thing for nomad hippies and isolated forest rendevues. That is how I was apparently conceived. Hypnos, my mother and father all having a good time in the forest." He shrugged a bit. "I've heard I'm a lot like him...which is why I wondered what he was like...for people to say that." He turned his gaze to the god. "Do you know Mr. D?" He asked curiously. He found it easier to talk to Ares than he did others his own age or others around the camp. "What made you look my way Lord Deity?" He asked curiously.

PostSubject: Re: The Eye of the Beholder   

Back to top Go down

The Eye of the Beholder
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1