A greek mythology roleplaying game by post. There are many dieties/demigods/monster stories. Here you can play them out or create your own version of history.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Getting Some Training In {OPEN}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alexei Jeager

Drachma : 36

PostSubject: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Mon May 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Alexei wasn't one to sit around doing nothing while his charges were either off on quests or doing their own training so the Counselor of Cabin 11 decided to go down to the Archery field to get some training in if only to make sure that he didn't get rusty just in case some God or Goddess had a quest for him sometime down the line.

The nineteen-year-old grabbed his bow, his own that his elder brother had bought for him so many years ago, and arrows before he moved towards the targets that were set around the field, his arrows snuggly sitting in their quiver on his back as he put on his glove before he got into position, pulling out two arrows and holding one in his hand while he strung the other on the bow, pulling the string back before releasing it and watching as the arrow struck dead center, another flying after it.

He wasn't entirely sure how long he stay at the Archery field, all he knew was that he had been there already long enough to deplete his arrows only to go back to the target to get them and start over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

Drachma : 57

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Wed May 24, 2017 9:41 pm

The teenager didn't like it here. He wasn't used to being around so many people...and non people. He'd been told that the half human-goat people were called satyrs and it hadn't gone so well when he'd replied that he thought a Seder was a Jewish holiday thing. Taking note that aside from lousy choice in clothes and personality, 'Mr. D' didn't really have a sense of humor either. While Terrance had gotten used to creatures such as the cyclops's and other scary things that you only thought were real in films, he still wasn't used to being around a place where it looked like a Renaissance Fair gone wild. Nor had he been used to sleeping in a cabin filled to overflowing with kleptomaniac teenagers.

At the moment it was 'battle training' time and while he hadn't felt like using the swords, Terrance preferred something like archery so he'd come to the archery field. It had been awhile since he'd conformed to any sort of schedule or at least anyone else's orderly schedule. When he got to the where the rows of targets were, he naturally saw that he wasn't alone and that there was someone else there already. Someone he vaguely recalled being told (by one of the kleptomaniacs) that was the cabin eleven councilor. Which made him Terrance's councilor until he was claimed and relocated to different cabin.

Watching the older male he decided to head over and after looking at the bows to choose from, picked one and grabbed a quiver of arrows. He chose a quiver that belted around your waist which he did so after setting his bag on the ground at his feet. Taking a target next to the man, Terrance knocked an arrow, drew, and let loose frowning when it it far outside. Seeing as he was older, he asked, "How often are people chosen to go on quests and what is the criteria?"

-GM Privileges given to and from Thanos Permethius-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexei Jeager

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 am

Alexei wasn't surprised when someone else joined him at the Archery Field, with the battle training going on now, many children were running around with swords and doing said battle training, he knew that there were quite a few kids who preferred the bow and arrow approach; it was better to fight someone from far out then up close, especially if you weren't sure of your own strength.

Notching another arrow, Alexei drew the string back before letting it lose, his shoulders relaxing as he turned his head to face the boy next to him; he recognised him as one of the newer campers, a Terrance Taggart, who still didn't seem used to everything around the camp. He watched as Terrance notched his arrow and let it lose before chuckling softly when he saw that it went far.

"Relax your shoulder," Alexei said as he placed his bow down and stood behind Terrance, pressing a hand on the younger boys shoulder. "You're too tense and your bow can sense it, relax your shoulder and your body, don't think of anything else when shooting an arrow."

He had expected the question to come much sooner and thus he already had a reply for the other male. "It really depends on how often there is a prophecy," Alexei explained. "Personally I've only been on three quests; once I was the leader and the other two times I was a companion. Sometimes we can get a couple of quests a year while other times we can get none. I remember a couple of years ago when one of our campers, Luke, received a quest but he failed it and then we received no bigger quests for two years and then it was Percy that received a quest. Of course, there are small quest-like missions and while those aren't as rare, they are just as dangerous."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Fri May 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Refraining from stiffening when the hand touched his shoulder, Terrance listed to the advice and forcibly began relaxing is muscles. Brown brows drew together confused when he was told that his bow could sense his unease. Releasing a breath he didn't know he was holding, the teenager once again tried to obey the advice by clearing his mind of nothing but the target. It was harder than he would have knew because idle thoughts popped in his mind continually distracting him. When he was semi-sure that he was as clear headed as he could be, he shot the arrow and saw that his aim had improved to where he actually hit within the outer circle of the painted target. Letting his arm relax to fall by his side, he glanced over at the older male and nodded in thanks.

At the answer to his question about the quests, Terrance found it not to his liking. He was basically stuck here until he went on a quest or became old enough to leave. But the last bit caught his attention. So if you failed, you might not get another chance. And people did this to what? "Why?"

Mythology hadn't ever been Terrance's thing, so hadn't bothered with trying to learn about any of it. And it had come back to bite him on the arse. Almost literally. While he'd heard the name 'Percy' a lot, he didn't hear of anyone called Luke. At least no one that had failed a quest.

"Why do the ones who fail come back?" Failure, Terrance had thought, meant that you didn't come back because you were dead. If he failed a quest, he wasn't so sure he'd want to come back.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexei Jeager

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Mon May 29, 2017 11:33 am

Alexei smirked slightly as he stepped back and let Terrance see for himself when Alexei said that the bow could feel his unease; no-one really believed him when he kept telling them that,
at least not until they drew the bow again without any unease in them, it worked wonders and they managed to shoot the target at least. He nodded back and smiled lightly, happy that the other male managed to shoot the target.

"Why what?" He tilted his head to the side, not understanding that part of the question before his eyes lit up at the second one, nodding his head at the question; it was a valid one after all and he had wondered himself why people came back from failed missions until he had been told.

"Ah, it's because more often than not, they survive the quest. Sometimes, on a rare occasion, a demi-god will die on a quest but that is rare and only really happens if you have more than three people going on the quest." Alexei explained with a soft sigh. "And it's because they want a chance to try again in the future, sometimes it happens while other times it doesn't. It's all really down to your luck. As I said, I've only been on three quests in my nine years of being here. So that's one quest every three years."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:54 pm

"And did you succeeded in all three of your quests?" Terrance knew it was rude and very personal, but he was curious and when he was curious he pushed. If he'd been asked, he wasn't sure he'd be so talkative, but then that was him. Picking out another arrow, he notched it, then recalling what the other said, relaxed and released the arrow. A smile briefly crossed his face as it went a bit closer to the mark. Then he stared at the bow in consideration. "It can feel my anxiety, huh?"

While he'd never heard of such a thing, it didn't mean that it wasn't true. He hadn't believed in monsters and gods before either. Why did this camp have to be so weird? But the bit about the weapon knowing what he was feeling sounded like something Thanos would spout out. Narrowing his eyes at the target, he planted his feet. He was going to make a bulls eye if it killed him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexei Jeager

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:00 am

Alexei stopped at that and looked at Terrance, quietly questioning himself whether he should answer that question but decided that it wouldn't hurt; it wasn't like the 19-year-old hadn't told anyone about it. "I did," He answered slowly as he notched his own arrow, planting his feet and pulling back the string, he held it for a moment before he let go, smiling lightly when he hit the bullseye, having trained at this for nearly ten years the only people that could actually beat him were the children of Apollo but even then Alexei could easily chase up to them.

"It may seem impossible, that a bow can feel your anxiety, but if you watch the training here you can tell which person will be able to shoot an arrow and which one won't purely because they are too anxious or have too much on their mind." Alexei hadn't really believed it himself until he got trained by one of Apollo's kids when he had been ten, the guy took him under his wing and showed him how to shoot a bow and how to calm down when shooting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 am

"Or just plain suck at archery?" Terrance asked with an arched brow and an amused smirk. There were those that were pretty bad as far as he could tell. The best ones were the children of Apollo who didn't hesitate to let you know it. And the horse-man Chiron. He was told he an excellent archer as well. Terrance wasn't so sure he'd be a great archer, but it would do to be proficient. He supposed and knew deep down the only reason he'd survived so far had been his demigod gifts that are hard wired into all demigods. That was what he'd collected from the orientation film and after talking with Chiron rather than that irritating Mr. D.

"Guess that means whoever isn't inclined towards archery can rule out Apollo." Hefting the bow he gave it a curious look. "Have you ever tried to fight with your bow besides just shooting arrows?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexei Jeager

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:26 pm

"Well I suppose that is true as well." Alexei laughed softly at that as the nineteen-year-old notched another arrow and let it fly, not even checking where the arrow flew purely because he could hear the thump of the arrow landing on its target, he had always been fascinated by how quick his arrows landed on target but then again he had been going at this ever since he came to camp. Alexei, for all that he looked strong, had been weak at first, he had come to camp as no more than a frightened ten-year-old, running for his life from the monsters and trying hard to just survive in the world that seemed to be out for him from the moment he had been born. He couldn't remember a day where he hadn't been haunted, his demigod gifts being the only thing that had kept him alive up until he arrived at the camp where he took to the training like a fish to water. Many thought that he had been a son of Apollo when he had arrived first purely because of how good he got at archery but Alexei knew, deep down, that the Sun God wasn't his father; he didn't know who was but it certainly wasn't Apollo.

"It's not entirely true." Alexei shook his head at that. "I'm inclined towards archery but my father isn't Apollo. Then we have some of the Ares kids who are also good at archery. Of course, we also have Apollo kids who are not good at Archery at all and prefer the healing side of things." He told the other with a kind smile on his lips before blinking his eyes and smirking slightly as he passed over his bow to Terrance. "Many have tried using their bows as weapons on their own but many found them breaking. If you know where to go, you can get your bow modified. I went to the Hephaestus kids and asked them to add some Celestial Bronze to my bow. I use it both to shoot arrows and fight with it if I run out of arrows, some Apollo and quite a few Ares' kids have the same thing on their bows."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:12 pm

"How do you know your father isn't Apollo?" He wondered but not challengingly, arguing, or like he disbelieved the other, he was just curious how he knew. Maybe it was instinctual? A sort of gut feeling that couldn't be explained? Like how Terrance knew that even though he was staying in the Hermes cabin he wasn't a child of that particular deity? Or that when you got all the children of the same deity together you noticed similarities and he had none that fit Apollo's children?

At the mention of the Ares children being good at archery he nodded since it would figure that a war god's child would know how to handle any weapon. He perked up when told that he could get a modified bow and listened closely. He liked multi-use items. Nodding as he absorbed what he'd been told, Terrance eyed the older male. While Terrance was still a noob as one child of Ares had called him as he'd been shouldered aside, he knew enough to know that even here at camp nothing was free. "What will it cost me to get an upgrade?"

Maybe he should find out where they get the celestial bronze and just give it to Thanos to play with. Although, it would be much more satisfying to nick it from those that decided to haze new campers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexei Jeager

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:35 pm

"It's just instinct I suppose." Alexei answered with a soft hum as he watched Terrance, a soft smile on his lips as he remembered the first time he had come to camp; he had been nothing more but a ten-year-old kid running away from the big bad monsters who wanted to eat him and have him for their dinner. He had been frightened for his life and the satyr that had brought him to camp had reassured him that no monsters would be able to get him there, thankfully he had been right and Alexei had been safely behind the protective shield before any more monsters could get to him. "But then again I suppose that's just the demi-god in me talking, it's been nine years since I joined the camp and no God had claimed me yet so..." Alexei shrugged his shoulders as he took the bow back, smirking softly at the other.

"It all depends on how much you want doing really, for me, the price was joining one of the Hephaestus kids on a quest." The older hummed softly. "It's just a matter of hashing out the price with them." It hadn't really been a price that Alexei had expected but it had been easy for him to accept it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 am

Instinct was something Terrance could understand. To be here for nine years? No, Terrance was not going to stay here that long. It didn't matter to him if he was claimed or not. He was here for training then he was leaving. Maybe he could go on a quest thing and fake his death? Or not. You never knew when you might need someone. It was best to keep all his options open.

Considering what he'd just been told, Terrance nodded. Going on a quest wasn't a bad price, maybe. Depending on the quest. Speaking of, what did they do for quests? That would have to bear looking into. Then again, he had a better way of upgrading his bow and his smirk grew as mischief lit his eyes. "Thanks. I'll look into that."

Hefting his bow, unstrung it and used it to salute the other as he headed back for where he'd left his pack. "I need to go talk to someone about this." He had also had enough practice for now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alexei Jeager

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 am

Looking at Terrance, Alexei couldn't help but chuckle at the smirk and the mischief in Terrance's eyes, wondering just what was going on through the younger male's head, he doubted that he wanted to know what Terrance was thinking up of doing. Not like it was any of his business, as long as it wasn't something illegal the older male would turn a blind eye to the other's activities.

"Do make sure it's nothing illegal." Alexei said dryly as he took his bow back and hefted it on his shoulder, watching the other. "I don't want Mr D. on my ass for not keeping an eye on you." This made Alexei roll his eyes. "And make sure you're back before curfew."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thanos Permethius

Drachma : 28

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanos had been working away on the cabin for him and Terrance. Having fixed what had been destroyed, likely by Mr. D out of vengence for him being able to get drunk or something, and shined up some of the stones. Pleased with how things were turning out as he began to beat out another heater. Tinkering with some parts before hammering it into a small egg shape. Little by little he managed to forge it into an egg shape the size of a woman's fist. Putting it into the shape of an hourglass shape that the egg was secured in. The metal lined then with leather which he burned into the metal and added a copper outer edge. Blowing into the egg with a strange energy. "It's done...Terrance will like this." He said proudly.

It would help the other be warm as a small portable area heater. Or be able to be slid onto the others guantlets or arm or arrow sheath to allow him to keep warm even when traveling. Sensing the other's need for him even without being called or summoned. Quickly heading to where Terrance had stated he was going. Heading over and walked to where Terrance left his stuff.

His gaze moving to glare at Alexei again. He had come by earlier and seen Alexei all over his man. That guy had a nudist...he had seen Alexei carrying him past where he worked on the cabin for him and Terrance with a blond haired nudist. He didn't understand that what he had felt was jealousy. Just that he didn't like it that Terrance, practice or not, had let another man be all over him. In his space. Then... ...with a delayed reaction he smiled and waved to Alexei. "Hello Mr. Jeager." He stated. Walking closer and pulled Terrance close. Rubbing his face where Alexei'sform had been. "Mr. D wouldn't be on your ass he would be IN your ass if you frakked up...most likely." He said.

Hugging Terrance more. "You needed me. Are you okay? I could tell you needed me." He said happily. He beamed happily and let go of Terrance. Pulling away as he looked eager to share something with him. "I made you something special. Its for when your out and about. It keep you warm or be attachable to sheath for arrows, your guantlets or just held." He said happily and looked at Alexei's bow. It was holding up and done pretty well. That guy whose journal he found note pages from must have done it. Leo something or other.

-GM permissions given to and from Terrance Taggart-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terrance Taggart

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:47 am

Learning that the councilor of Hermes cabin had a sense of humor was a plus. Terrance looked back giving the other a look that said he couldn’t make any promises. One of his favorite phrases as a child had been, ‘Ask me no questions, I’ll tell you no lies.’ Terrance liked finding loopholes but he found it rather ironic that someone from Hermes cabin patron of thieves was telling him not to do something illegal. As for making it back by curfew, the thought of getting caught by the harpies made him shudder. That was not the way he wanted to die.

Seeing Thanos by his pack he noted the delayed response and his brows furrowed. Confusion warred with his other emotions when he was pulled close and had his shoulder nuzzled. Something clicked in his mind and he couldn’t hide the smirk that pulled up at the corner of his mouth. It disappeared though when at Thanos’ comment about the camp director causing him to sigh. He really had to have a talk with him about that.

Curious about what Thanos had cooked up for him this time, was really interested. Taking the mini heater, the teenager looked it over and found it ingenious. It seemed he wouldn’t have to keep carrying around hand warmers and stuffing them in his shoes and pockets. Looking up, he saw where Thanos’ gaze was and thought it’d be the right time to bring it up. “Alexei said it was possible to make a sturdier bow that will stand up to fighting with it.” After a pause he asked, “Can you make me one?”

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Some Training In {OPEN}   

Back to top Go down

Getting Some Training In {OPEN}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1